Halloween on the High Seas
Before my 2017 adventures begin, I wanted to go back in time a bit and finally report back on my Oct 2016 cruise on the Disney Fantasy.
My husband, my sister and I went on a 7 night cruise to Eastern Caribbean ports. My husband and I had done this itinerary before but it was the first time for my sister.
The cruise was great and we all had a great time but the part I wanted to especially share was the theme of the cruise. During the fall months, Disney designates certain sailings as “Halloween on the High Seas.” Our cruise fell into these dates and it was truly a great experience.
The theming starts as soon as you enter the ship. Everything is decorated in the atrium and there were little touches everywhere. There were many special events through the entire cruise. We made sure to read through the Navigator each day (that is the daily schedule) to make sure we didn’t miss anything. I believe we did most of everything that was themed to Halloween. I will talk about each one below.
Overall, I found the theme to be immersive but not over the top. There were definitely enough Halloween activities to enjoy, but if you weren’t into celebrating Halloween, you could easily find other activities to enjoy. There was still a Pirates Night so the Halloween theme did not interfere with that.
I would definitely do this cruise again and now I would like to try a 7 night Christmas themed cruise!
Wow, it has been awhile since my last blog post!
I am happy to report that I have several adventures ahead in 2017 so I am ready to get back to blogging.
So far I will be heading out for the following trips:
- In just one week, I will be heading to Florida for a travel agent education program. I will be touring Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas, visiting Universal Orlando hotels and spending some time in Disney as well.
- In March, I will be going to Virginia Beach for the Shamrock 8K and Half Marathon. I am meeting friends there for the race and going to enjoy Williamsburg for a few days after the races.
- May is the big one! My husband and I will be sailing for 15 nights on the Disney Magic across the Atlantic. We have 5 port stops after we cross and I am so excited to go!
- June will be my annual ladies trip to Cape May. That is always fun and relaxing.
- November will be a big family trip to Disney. We will be a party of 9, with 5 adults and 4 kids. It is going to be interesting to handle planning for a group of that size but I am looking forward to the that trip as well.
In between, I hope to share some travel tips and other information about traveling.
So stay tuned!
I have been a huge Disney and travel fan since childhood. I love going to new places and, of course, heading to Disney as often as I can.